Because of their internal damping effect, metal profiled panels readily emit vibrations from structure-borne noises (rain, hail). These vibrations are then reflected by the panels as disruptive air-borne noises.
Aluform AD - profiled panels with anti-drumming coating
- With ideal sheet thickness and coating thickness, anti-drumming coated panels achieve a high loss factor that results in efficient sound deadening. Measurements on 0.7 mm thick aluminium sheets (with anti-drumming coating) - with or without decorative colour coating - show an increased loss factor by a factor of 25. This means a noise reduction by approximately 28 dB (damping factor, d komb=0,1).
- The profiled panels with a light beige layer and aqueous dispersion base prove physiologically harmless. The coating compound is sprayed on the inside of the Aluform sheets and provides a surface texture similar to plaster.
Further advantages of the coating compound are:
- provides heat insulation (partially prevents condensation 0.2 W/mK)
- can absorb condensate at a lesser degree
- weather resistant
- almost non-flamable B1, according to DIN 4102
- rot resistant
Aluform System-Technik offers you:
- Finished coated profiled panels from our range of Aluform products
- Coated accessories
The maximum profile panel length is 20 m. To prevent moisture sinking in from the outside, the longitudinal edges of the profiled panels are left uncoated. This also applies to the eave and joint areas of the profiled sheets. The coated sheets are covered with a removable plastic liner for protection.